- Meet the 11 new members of the Young Women, Primary general boards (LDS Church News)
The Young Women and Primary general presidencies have called new members of their general boards. The 11 women will work with the general presidencies to help meet the needs of young women and children around the world.
- Church Presents Family History to New Zealand Prime Minister (LDS Newsroom)
Leaders from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints presented Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister of New Zealand, with a two-volume family history today in her Wellington office.
- Shawn Bradley Is Really, Really Tall. But Why? (Wall Street Journal)
A geneticist named John Kauwe took his window seat on a small plane a few years ago when he looked up at the man next to him and realized he knew him from college.
“I recognized him because I’m a BYU alumnus and BYU faculty member,” Kauwe said.
It also helped that Kauwe’s neighbor was 7 feet 6 inches tall.
- Think You’re Spiritually Tone-Deaf? BYU President Shares 3 Ways to Improve Your Ability to Receive Revelation (Church News)
BYU President Kevin J Worthen remembers when he was the age of many college students, listening to some of his acquaintances sharing stories about how the Spirit had given them specific directions in dramatic ways. But he couldn't readily recall any such personal experience of his own.
- Relief Society Serving “Minute by Minute” after Hurricane Hits North Carolina (Church News)
Duty called Karen Pierce, even from her Red Cross-provided cot in the hallway of an elementary school where she found shelter from Hurricane Florence’s deadly winds and rains.
- Sam Young announces he was excommunicated by local church leaders (Deseret News - Utah)
A Texas man whose 23-day hunger strike punctuated his protest of one-on-one bishop's interviews with children in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced Sunday that he has been excommunicated for apostasy.
- Another Mormon excommunication, 25 years after the ‘September Six’ (Religion News Service)
On Sunday, former Mormon bishop Sam Young of Texas announced his excommunication from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.