- President Oaks asks God to 'blunt the powers of evil' while rededicating Oakland temple. Here's the full prayer (Church News)
Following is the text of the prayer offered by President Dallin H. Oaks, first counselor in the First Presidency, to rededicate the Oakland California Temple on Sunday, June 16, 2019.
- For Catholic quinceañeras, Oakland’s Mormon temple is place to be (Mercury News - California)
On any springtime Saturday, a steady stream of Catholic quinceañeras can be seen promenading along the blooming rose bushes and gushing fountains of Oakland’s Mormon temple.
- Elder James Rasband, new General Authority Seventy, Reflects on Journey to Find Testimony (Church News)
As a 19-year-old entering the Missionary Training Center, Elder James Richard Rasband felt inadequate and stressed at the prospect of declaring the gospel with power in a foreign language in an alien land.
- Meet one of the oldest women in Utah — who just celebrated her 106th birthday (Daily Herald - Utah)
MacCene Grimmett can still remember the name of her first grade teacher, the address of her first home in Utah and the invention of automobiles, television, computers and indoor plumbing.
- Mormon church arsonist sentenced to nearly seven years imprisonment (Stuff - New Zealand)
A mother burst into tears and tried to grab her son as he was sentenced to nearly seven years in prison for burning down two church buildings.
In the Christchurch District Court on Friday, Jacob Lowenstein , 28, was sentenced to six years and nine months in prison after he burned down two Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) buildings.