Tuesday, 27 June 2017
- VIDEO: How Will New Church Facilities in Hamilton, New Zealand Benefit People? (LDS Newsroom)
New and refurbished facilities in the Hamilton, New Zealand suburb of Temple View—dedicated on 17 June 2017—will benefit thousands of people in the years ahead.
- FamilySearch Discontinuing Microfilm; Most Records Now Digitized (Church News)
FamilySearch announced June 26 that it plans to discontinue its 80-year-old microfilm distribution service. The transition is the result of significant progress made in FamilySearch’s microfilm digitization efforts and the obsolescence of microfilm technology.
- Barbara Winder, LDS women's leader, dies at age 86 (Deseret News - Utah)
Sister Barbara Ann Woodhead Winder, former Relief Society general president for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died on June 25, at the age of 86.
Known for her lifetime of Church service, Sister Winder was a powerful teacher who focused her ministry on helping others “Come unto Christ.”
- LDS missionary Brendan Bailey, son of Thurl, dishes an assist at Washington’s Union Station (Fox 13 - Utah)
Two missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were caught performing a random act of kindness Monday.
Matt Whitlock, Communications Director for Sen. Orrin Hatch, noticed the missionaries having lunch at Union Station.
- Meet the artists in the first Mormon Arts Center Festival in New York City (Deseret News - Utah)
The first "Mormon Arts Center Festival" will take place this year from June 29 to July 1 in New York City, New York. The following highlights some of the art and artists that will be featured this year.
- Imagine Dragons Singer Regrets Preaching The Mormon Church’s Anti-Gay Message (Logo)
Imagine Dragons frontman Dan Reynolds says he regrets preaching anti-LGBT messages in his youth.
The recipient of the Trevor Project’s 2017 Hero Award, Reynolds admits his earliest exposure to the LGBT community came from the Mormon church.
28 ¶ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives."
President Thomas S. Monson, April 2017