- Volume 2 of Saints Now Available (Church Newsroom)
The second volume of Saints: The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days is now available for purchase from the Church's online store and at retail outlets. The digital version is also available for free in the Church History section of the Gospel Library app.
- Why the church’s new volume of ‘Saints’ doesn’t shy away from difficult issues (Deseret News - Utah)
Less than one year after Latter-day Saints worked together to heroically rescue stranded and starving handcart pioneers on the Wyoming plains, tensions in southern Utah erupted in the Mountain Meadows Massacre, one of the worst disasters in the state’s history.
- New volume of ‘Saints’ reveals the many sides of Brigham Young (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
Latter-day Saints imagine Brigham Young as a commanding theocrat, who mobilized a crestfallen and beleaguered people after the death of their prophet-founder, who led them on an epic exodus across the Plains to what they hoped would be a Zion in the West, who battled a hostile government, and whose fingerprint was on every move — from their arrival in the Great Basin to his death in 1877.
- Elder Holland invites young adults to pursue ‘the fulness of Christ’ (Church News)
“The test of a Christian life lies in deeds and actions. … The instinct given to all of God’s children to seek happiness is a proof that happiness is a reality and within the reach of all.”
These words are engraved in the stone walls of Stanford University’s Memorial Church. The inscription echoes the message shared by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as he spoke to more than 1,000 young adults in a multiregional devotional in the building on Sunday, Feb. 9.
- ‘What did you hear that was not said?’ Elder Bednar teaches CES instructors about the Spirit and personal revelation (Church News)
As a high school football coach and a father with three kids in high school, Troy McDougal often sees teenagers in what he describes as their “natural environment.” In seminary, sometimes their demeanor is different.
- Elder Nash Hosts Former President of Ghana at Temple (Church Newsroom)
“The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a key stakeholder when it comes to the religious community,” said former Ghanaian President John Dramani Mahama. He made those comments during his first tour of the Ghana temple grounds on Thursday, February 6, 2020.
- April Open House Announced for Rio de Janeiro Brazil Temple (Church Newsroom)
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has released the dates of the open house for the Rio de Janeiro Brazil Temple. The public is invited to tour the temple from Friday, April 17 through Saturday, May 2, 2020, except for the Sundays of April 19 and 26.
- Church History Museum Opens Interactive Temple-Themed Exhibit (Church Newsroom)
A new interactive Church History Museum exhibit called Temples Dot the Earth: Building the House of the Lord is now open to the public. The display, primarily designed for children ages 1–11, offers families an interactive experience to discover the purpose of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ temples, which are located around the world.
- A Question and Prayer – Joseph Smith and the Mormon Faith (San Elizario News - Texas)
Robert Dinsmoor explains how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints came to be.
- Voters approve of Romney's impeachment vote to convict Trump 50%-39%, poll finds (USA Today)
By a more than 10-point margin, registered voters approve of Republican Sen. Mitt Romney's decision to break with his party and vote to convict President Donald Trump on one of the articles of impeachment against him, according to a Morning Consult/Politico poll conducted after last week's vote.