- LDS church ends monthly First Presidency message in Ensign magazine (KUTV - Utah)
The LDS church is doing away with its monthly First Presidency message, published in its magazine the Ensign.
The change was announced in the April edition at the bottom of what is the last such message with new church leader President Russell Nelson.
- How General Conference teachings to LDS women have changed (Daily Universe - Utah)
The topics LDS Church leaders discuss in General Conference messages to women — such as homemaking, birth control and motherhood — have changed over the decades, according to data from the LDS General Conference Corpus.
- Mormons Around the World Country Newsroom Websites March 16, 2018 (LDS Newsroom Blog)
MormonNewsroom.org features stories from its 81 international Newsroom websites as well as those from around the United States to share what members and leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints around the world are doing to better the communities in which they live.
- Op-ed: Elder Keetch and the LDS journey between public engagement and private devotion (Deseret News - Utah)
The Russian literary master Fyodor Dostoevsky responded to one of Christianity’s thorny theological queries, the problem of evil, not with a tightly crafted syllogism, but with a person — the Christlike literary figure Father Zossima. Dostoevsky’s suggestion seems to be that evil is principally combated via individual human hearts, rather than, say, abstract schemes.
- Bishop proposing bill to include overseas Mormon missionaries in U.S. census (Deseret News - Utah)
Mormon missionaries serving outside the United States along with all Americans living overseas would be counted in the census under legislation Rep. Rob Bishop proposed Thursday.
- Commentary: Hallelujah! Mormon women’s temple garments just got a lot better (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
Last month on social media, I started seeing cryptic references to improvements to the fit and fabric of Mormon women’s temple garments. Women were waxing rhapsodic about this, like Lululemon levels of rhapsodic.
- David Archuleta, Stephanie Nielson headline North Star conference for Mormon LGBT (Deseret News - Utah)
Special musical guest David Archuleta and speakers like Stephanie Nielson, Tom Christofferson and Hank Smith headline the fifth annual conference of North Star International on Friday and Saturday at the Provo Marriott Hotel and Convention Center.
- Mormon leaders in Blanding urge members to push feds for group access to pioneer site within Bears Ears (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
In an unusual move, Mormon church leaders in Blanding have asked their members to weigh in on the planning process for the controversial Bears Ears monument designation because they want access to an environmentally sensitive site once visited by pioneers.