- October 2020 General Conference Will Be Virtual Only (Church Newsroom)
While some areas of the world continue to experience the effects of a serious pandemic, other areas do not. As a worldwide organization, we have an obligation to be good citizens and to act with caution as it relates to such a unique setting as general conference, which traditionally brings thousands of visitors to Salt Lake City from around the globe.
- 9 truths from the bicentennial proclamation, Elder Rasband teaches missionaries (Church News)
The bicentennial proclamation President Russell M. Nelson announced in the April general conference “came by revelation” and “is the mind and will of the Lord,” said Elder Ronald A. Rasband in a devotional for missionaries around the world.
- New Brazilian General Authority shares his faith that the Lord knows best (Church News)
Elder Ciro Schmeil has always strived to be obedient to the Lord, even if not understanding the reasoning behind a specific commandment.
- Pro soccer’s return can’t come soon enough for former BYU star Ashley Hatch (Church News)
Pandemic-weary soccer fans are being reintroduced to Washington Spirit veteran Ashley Hatch in a few weeks. The fleet-footed forward and her team will be competing in a Salt Lake City-based tournament for the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) — the first U.S. professional team league to return to play after being suspended during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Historic Latter-day Saints church stills stands in Chino Valley (Grand Canyon News – Arizona)
This little stone building yields plenty of history and as long as it stands, it helps preserve memories of Chino Valley’s humble beginnings in the early 20th century. The antique building, which is now out of commission, was Chino Valley’s first Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints chapel that was brought to life by the first Mormon settlers in the area. It was dedicated in June, 1924. (Amy Sanders/Courtesy)
- This week in Mormon Land: A call to end racism, a vacuuming prophet, a scriptural gift (Salt Lake Tribune – Utah)
The church is making it easier to keep up on official news, announcements and events by merging all of that content onto Newsroom.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.